Thursday, August 19, 2010

Would it be appropriate for an Irish Rebel Band (Pro-IRA) to name their band Red Hand of Ulster?

My band recently had to change our name from The Bleeding Irish to something else and we decided we wanted to call it Red Hand of Ulster. I have a relative good amount of experience with Irish history, but as I did more research I realized I don't want to have anything to do with The Red Hand of Ulster as it completely contradicts the stance on music that we take.





Any advice or insight?

Would it be appropriate for an Irish Rebel Band (Pro-IRA) to name their band Red Hand of Ulster?
Well I'm not an expert, but I always thought that the "Red Hand of Ulster" was a loyalist slogan, used by groups such as the UVF, who were fighting against the IRA to keep Ulster British.





If you're pro-IRA it wouldn't make much sense now, would it?





http://www.freewebs.com/red-hand/
Reply:only if your music is full of contradictions also

cotton rose

No comments:

Post a Comment